4.23.2011

4.23.11

4.23.11
Mr. McCullough's Store

Today I was on my way to a wedding in Verona when I passed by an old familiar site. Mr. McCullough's store over off of Black Zion Road. Although it looks kind of sad now, all closed down, with yard sale remnants laying out in front. The gas pumps have been long gone. It used to be a very nice little country store.  Mr. McCullough ran this store for years. He was a very nice older gentleman who I remember always wore overalls, and always wanted Daddy to "buy that girl some candy or an ice cream." I remember we used to go over to Mr. McCullough's when we needed a few things at home.. bread, milk, sugar.. Not really enough to go ALL THE WAY TO TOWN. It's kind of sad that the day of the small general store is fading. Now days we have Wal-Mart and the Dollar Store. But there's nothing like walking in a business where they call you by name when you come in the door, and ask how your family is doing (and really care). Sure there is a greeter at Wal-Mart, but we all know it isn't the same...
SN: It was a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment